Posted: 16th November 2021
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Location: 6 Anton Mill Rd
Mploy is supporting our client in search of Quality Manager due to the business growth.
The Quality Manager will lead and direct the quality team to deliver our management system, standards and processes at all times and ensure product always meets or exceeds customer quality demands.
Due to security check requirements this position is only available for British Citizens.
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 – 17:00
On a day to day basis responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain the company Quality Management System
- Identify, propose, deliver and maintain required accreditations for the company
- Maintain Capability Approval and manage re-approval processes
- Ensure Customer Quality Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are produced in support of projects
- Analyse & understand customer contract quality requirements
- Own Company audit plans and ensure delivery against the plan
- Identify, risk assess and deliver special process activities across projects
- Act as Company Health & Safety Manager; direct team to ensure H&S obligations are met
- Own the company risk management processes and direct risk assessment activity to mitigate impact on the Company
- Act as the ultimate arbiter for quality decisions
- Ensure suppliers meet quality requirements
- In collaboration with the Board, regularly review and update the Business Continuity plan
- Sign off the completion of all contract quality deliverables and Certificates of Conformance
- Build relationships and networks with Customers’ Quality Representatives
- Approval of 1st Level documentation
- Lead, motivate and develop the quality team to provide a highly skilled service to the Company
- Keep abreast of industry quality requirements and advise the Board of Directors accordingly.
Skills and Experience we are looking for in ideal candidates:
• HND or minimum Level 5 equivalent qualification in Quality Management
• Experience in a Quality Manager role in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
• IOSH/NEBOSH Health & Safety management is advantageous
• Experience of working in the defence sector is advantageous
• Deep understanding of quality management systems and standards
• Experience of introducing and auditing against accreditation standards.
• Experience of Business Process improvement, Root Cause Analysis, and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
• Strong analytical & Excel skills and a keen eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; an ability to influence and collaborate effectively with others is essential
• An understanding and experience of using an ERP system; an understanding of the use of software tools for quality management
• Leadership skills; an ability to motivate, drive and support employees to deliver objectives
• An ability to engage at the most senior levels on Quality related issues
• An ability to remain calm under pressure and manage a full workload
If you are looking for a new challenge in a forward thinking, successful company and believe you have the experience please apply or email Luke@mploystaff.com for more details