Posted: 6th November 2018
Salary: Up to £33000 per annum
- Collate and evaluate & analyse data pertaining to product & quality within the ERP system (Syteline).
- Provide reports to the Quality Manager in metricised format utilising Microsoft Office suite tools
- Investigate non-conformance issues and instigate corrective action, & support others to do so utilising Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) methodology.
- Disposition and segregate non conforming product and facilitate rapid resolution to site production quality support issues
- Carry out internal audit activities, either as part of a team, or leading a team.
- Assist with maintaining a system of calibration for all measuring equipment within the AmSafe Bridport site.
- Assist in promoting an awareness of the importance of Quality Assurance function within the company ensuring that any weaknesses identified are rectified and processes improved as appropriate in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Provide timely and effective advice and guidance on quality issues to other functions within the company ensuring that customer requirements are met.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and support the continuous improvement programme.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with relevant Quality issues and methods by means of training courses, seminars, technical publications etc.
- Promote a culture of co-operation and high morale within the department.
- Comply with Health and Safety and relevant company policy and procedures.
- Develop inspection plans to ensure that product received is inspected in accordance with planned requirements. (as required)
- You may be requested to perform any other task necessary for the effective running of the Quality Department.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role with experience of working to ISO9001 but ideally AS9100. Experience in the Aerospace industry is preferable.
An understanding, or a willingness to undergo training to understand, textile products, their properties and testing requirements is required.
Detailed knowledge of testing procedures & measurement is required.
Must be IT literate with knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.