Posted: 20th January 2023
Salary: £26000 - £28000 per annum
Mploy are urgently seeking a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our construction client based in Hurn. You’ll be working as a part of a small but busy team, where attention to detail is key. This position is offered on a permanent basis.
You will be:
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices into our Opera accounting system. We process about 2,000 invoices per month and the busy period is typically the first two weeks of the month when we receive the bulk of the invoices relating to the previous month. One other person within the Accounts team will assist with this processing on a part time basis.
- Checking of invoice prices to orders and the receipt of the goods / confirmation of the hire to delivery tickets, plant and materials returns from site. We do not have a fully automated purchase ordering system and therefore this process requires significant human intervention. (This part of the role would become a key component of the permanent role going forward which would develop as the person became more experienced)
- Assisting with answering telephone calls into reception when the receptionist is already on another call or is otherwise occupied
- Assisting with the reconciliation of month end supplier statements
- Raising queries with suppliers and resolving those queries satisfactorily
- Preparing month end purchase ledger payment runs
- Other ad hoc office duties such filing.
You will have:
- Attention to detail. We like to check the validity of all invoices as outlined above and this demands a diligent and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a small team, sharing a common objective of accurate and timely financial reporting
- Ability to use at a basic plus level Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Construction industry experience is not essential but would certainly be helpful for this role.
- 3 years plus experience of purchase ledger processing would be desirable
Due to location own transport is an advantage.
Hours will be 8am to 5pm, or 8:30am to 5:30pm (depending on personal preference) Monday to Thursday. On Fridays we have the same start time but finish at 4:30pm.
Pay rate DoE £12.50ph – £13.46ph