Posted: 13th March 2018
Salary: flexible hours & free parking
A large business in Poole are looking for a Production Planner to work alongside their Production Team to plan production schedules for the manufacture of a variety of products. This is a varied and exciting role that will mean you are office based but will need to liaise between staff in all departments and play a key role in provisioning projects for national and international clients.
The job will entail:
Managing the Production plan for the shop floor and communicate the plan to other departments
Assess and maintain MRP job suggestions
- Release Jobs for Production and advise priorities
- Maintain the Planning settings in the ERP system
- Setup and maintain the Bill of Operations
- Estimate production costs and lead times for new sales opportunities
- Review the time and material differences booked to works orders, submit for investigation and update the works order/master accordingly.
- Advise the Production Manager of future workforce requirements
- Highlight any Production issues to the relevant departments
- Introduce and maintain KPI’s
Experience & skills required:
- A good understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Work effectively individually and able to manage your own workload while also being able to work as a member of a larger team
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Skills – Intermediate Excel skills a must
- Driving licence desirable
If you would like further information on this opportunity then please get in contact with Alison at the Bournemouth office of Mploy.