Posted: 11th February 2020
Salary: £8.50 - £9.00 per hour
This position for production assistant is temporary to permanent and with a real opportunity to progress into a long term career. There is an initial 3 months probation period and upon successful completion of this, you will be taken on permanently. The working hours are Mon – Fri 8am to 5pm, with half hour unpaid lunch break.
- Working in a busy and clean working environment with high standard of hygiene and safety
- Operate and clean down machinery and equipment and carrying out a variety of cleaning duties as directed
- Maintain organised work environment of the production machines on which you are working
- Ensure all products are packed efficiently, correctly labelled and coded on the tags and outer case labels in accordance with the packing specification.
- Preservation of traceability throughout processing & packing.
- Report any faults or concerns of machinery, hygiene or health & safety
- Strong levels of literacy and numeracy (as process and measurements need to be followed).
- Able to complete all relevant admin accurately and on time.
- Comfortable in use of various machinery (on completion of training)
- Physically fit (manual handling involved and heavy lifting involved)