Posted: 3rd April 2018
Our client, a industry leading engineering business, is looking for a Process Technician to join their flourishing business. As a specialist business, candidates will be expected to have the ability to adapt and thrive within a fast-paced environment.
Applicants will be expected to deliver and support investigations, introduction of new processes, manufacturing prototypes or specialist 1 off devices and customer requested documentation within the requirements of the QMS system.
- Weekly updates of your previous tasks and strategies for the forthcoming weeks
- Updating existing or the creation of manufacturing documentation to implement process changes (PFMEA, Control plans, SPC)
- Support procurement for on-going projects, and day to day activities
- Support the integration of system improvements
- Support multi-functional teams in the delivery of conceptual design, process layout, prototyping and process validation
- Translation of mechanical and optical piece part drawings into the process
- Support the fixture/tooling and assembly equipment proposals for acoustic-optic/precision optical component manufacture
- Contribute to the identification of project risks and solutions early within the product life cycle so allowing the business opportunity to respond
- Support the collaboration with value stream teams to design optimized products matching the sites manufacturing capabilities
- Develop key networks with internal departments, customers, suppliers and other third party service providers
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions
Reduce business risk by supporting the obsolescence process to meet business KPI’s.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow an expanding business with further progression opportunities!
Apply now by sending your CV to Daniel at Mploy in Yeovil.