Posted: 13th October 2020
Salary: £11 - £12 per hour
Our client based near Bournemouth Airport is recruiting for an experienced Plant Operator to assist and undertake varied aspects of plant operations and quality control, along with preventative and reactive plant maintenance. Operating and maintaining plant machinery and equipment in accordance with company and Health & Safety requirements, ensuring production targets are met.
Your duties will include:
Operating and maintaining biomass CHP plant, compost dryer, process equipment and heavy machinery in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensuring daily production plans and targets are met, working with other site staff to achieve them.
- Effectively report performance of plant machinery and equipment, maintain compliance with Health & Safety and environmental policies.
- Monitor operational parameters & conditions, locally and remotely, reacting appropriately to maintain and ensure maximum plant utilisation 24/7.
- With appropriate training, instruction and supervision you will be responsible for monitoring, operating and maintaining the plant, on rotation – weekend work and night cover on-call working, required as part of the role.
- Follow working practices to ensure that the plant and equipment are maintained and operated to minimise down time, through routine, planned preventative and reactive maintenance
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate with Management and Senior Operators to establish effective and efficient operations and preventative maintenance of all plant.
- Ensure Housekeeping on the plant is maintained to a high standard
- Ensure quality requirements are met with an understanding of product moisture control.
- Make Sure all company procedures are always followed, with special focus on Health & Safety.
- Proactively resolving day to day issues wherever possible.
- Communicate in a professional manner with external bodies, customers and contractors.
- Offer flexibility, willingness to diversify and adjust as the role demands.
- Learning and supporting implementation of new plant, machinery, processes and technologies.
- Ensure timekeeping and paperwork requirements are met.
- Fill in Daily Defect, Production and Compliance records.
Applicants will have experience of operating and maintaining industrial / farming machinery, driving heavy plant; any plant operating tickets will be a distinct advantage. You must have the ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and pragmatic. An understanding of renewables engineering / farming machinery would also be an advantage.
Highly organized, manage time effectively and prioritise own workload whilst multitasking. Self-motivated to remain resilient and committed to achieve personal and business targets. Good communication skills, knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Emails and experience of PLC software
You must hold a clean valid full UK driving license.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the area’s most prominent businesses and further develop your career and skills. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 07:00 am till 16:30 pm and salary will be dependent on experience, so please give details on application.
For more information please contact Jon @ Mploy Christchurch.