Posted: 1st May 2021
Salary: Up to £9 per hour
Reference: BMTH - PCOOR
Patient Coordinator (non-clinical)
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-6.30pm
Our client is a local medical centre who are looking for a well-organised, professional and customer focussed Patient Coordinator to join their busy team. General duties will include the assisting and directing of patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in the most courteous and efficient way. You will be providing the general assistance to the practice team and deal with patients and other visitors both face to face and over the phone.
Other Duties Include:
- Monitoring the practice mailboxes and prioritising as appropriate
- Registering patients onto the NHS system
- Scanning and processing inbound post
- Reception Duties
- Receiving patients consulting with members of practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and contact details
- Receiving patients completed registration paperwork and checking it for errors and checking identification
- Process appointment requests for same day and future appointments from patients
- Registrations of new patients including computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address/contact details
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner
- Signpost patients to the appropriate service for their requirements
This is a permanent position which requires someone with natural empathy, patience and excellent customer service skills. Please apply on contact Dave at our Bournemouth office.