Posted: 28th July 2022
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Are you an experienced Operations Manager with established line management and operations expertise? How about working for a dynamic & fast growing family ran business that protects property owners, insurers, brokers & property managing agents from mis-insuring built properties? Want to manage the complete operation of our Client’s business and report to the Board of Directors? What about fantastic pay and benefits? Brilliant! We want to hear from you!
MPLOY is looking to source a full time & permanent Operations Manager for a new Client in Poundbury Dorset.
Why should you be interested? Our Client is offering:
- A very competitive salary of £50,000 to £60,000 per annum.
- A Monday to Friday working pattern.
- A company car or a £600 monthly car allowance – you’ll need to travel to a satellite office in Surrey as and when required.
- A £200,000 to £240,000 salary life assurance scheme.
- Private medical care.
- 33 days of annual leave – including Bank Holidays.
- Company pension.
- Company mobile phone & IT.
- Other benefits including: free eye tests; discounted shopping; discounted gym memberships; employee assistance programme & holiday trading – to name but a few benefits.
- A fantastic work life balance in an award winning & healthy working environment.
- A casual dress code…bar the big meetings!
- Regular and fun company events.
- Fantastic training and development opportunities.
In return for these excellent benefits our Client is looking for a candidate who:
- is a highly skilled and experienced Operations Manager with a track record of managing operations & teams in a commercially effective & appropriate manner. You’ll be comfortable mentoring and managing multiple teams and will have an eye for improving management systems, processes and company practices. You can expect to lead teams of Administrators, Assessors & Quality Controllers totalling 65 staff whilst coaching & developing 5 direct reports. You’ll be expected to utilise your resources effectively to meet key targets and to foster a spirit of teamwork, unity & empowerment across the business.
- has worked in a highly regulated & audited environment and is aware of ISO / BSI standards. A knowledge of RICS & CIOB working practices within the built environment could also be beneficial. You’ll be comfortable in ensuring our Client’s processes are compliant with relevant legislation and in line with external stakeholder expectations. Following and writing company procedures, practices and policies will be no trouble for you.
- understands how to create strategic & operational objectives and is adept in implementing them. You can expect to integrate your objectives alongside our Client’s sister companies and you’ll have a good working knowledge of business strategies, ethics and values from previous experiences. You can also expect to lead on business & product development.
- makes sound financial decisions that are responsible, accountable and justifiable. You will have successfully managed budgets and forecasts and will be able to identify and act on business opportunities as you see them.
- ideally has a L6 qualification, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in Operations Management, Business or a related field. Not to worry this is not a must and ‘qualification via experience’ will certainly be considered.
- has an eye for detail and has ensured quality work in the past. You’ll monitor KPIs, such as departmental speed, quality, efficiency and output, across all your teams and know when and how to drive efficiencies & improve processes. You can expect to interpret financial, sales and department activity data to create unique and brilliant solutions. You’ll also ensure contractual service standards are continually exceeded and manage the preparation of reports for Clients and internal stakeholders.
- will collaborate with HR to develop and deliver a resource growth strategy. You’ll have supported with recruitment, training, supervision and supporting teams in the past and you can expect to conduct reviews and implement considered CPD decisions to help ‘upskill’ your teams.
- has project managed and will be comfortable in leading on key projects that will drive business performance and profitability. Experience in delivering change management, efficiency, automation & IT projects is highly desirable.
- is an articulate communicator who can present well and listen actively. You’ll have excellent ‘soft’ business and interpersonal skills whilst being a brilliant organiser. You’ll be able to communicate with your teams, reports and board of directors in an effective and appropriate manner. You can also expect to lead ops meetings and support finance / business development meetings.
- is conversant with all Microsoft Office software and is a fast learner of inhouse systems.
- is committed to continual improvement and open to humour even when things don’t go well!
Are you the candidate outlined above? Amazing! We look forward to receiving your application. For more details on this opportunity do give us a call on 01305 213883.