Posted: 6th November 2019
As the Materials Planner you will be working in a busy sales department based in Southampton. You will be joining a specialist timber team in a builder’s merchants. In this role you will be dealing with group replenishment enquiries also act as the sales support for the branches and exterior sales team.
As the Materials Planner you’ll:
- Assisting with the group distribution of timber products across our branches, from our Shoreham stock holding, by raising the necessary inter branch transfers.
- Purchasing materials directly from importers when there is insufficient stock at Shoreham.
- Liaising with suppliers and raising purchase orders for timber and timber based products on behalf of the branch network, ensuring to obtain best possible profit & margin for Elliotts.
- Answer incoming phone calls & receive incoming email enquiries.
- Assisting the Timber Product Manager with forward purchase volumes and contracts, as well as assisting with the pricing structure, stock range and promotional items.
- Supporting our external sales team with their customers and where necessary taking on the role of their internal contact.
This role is offered on a permanent basis based in Southampton, working hours Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.