Posted: 16th September 2022
Location: Copse Rd
Our client based in Yeovil is on the look out for an Accounts Assistant!
The client operates from multiple locations around the UK within 4 business streams such as Marine, Infrastructure and power. They provide services such as industrial painting, scaffolding and containment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce weekly contract cost reports and issue to the business unit managers.
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the production of monthly finance packs and quarterly board packs.
- Assist with tax analysis schedules.
- Assist with recording of annual stock takes.
- Produce monthly financial information packs for business stream meetings.
- Manage the monthly rolling forecast process.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and reconcile to capital expenditure reports.
- Assist with the annual budget and revised forecast processes.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and keep audit files complete.
- Assist with management of external and internal audits.
- Manage cash flow forecasting.
- Credit checking of new customers.
- To deputise for Group Financial Controller.
- Provide cover on processing weekly payroll.
- Other ad-hoc accounting duties and projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Suited to an AAT qualified individual.
- Experience working within a contracting business and of processing payroll would be advantages.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics would be useful.
- Pension – employers contribution 5.5%
- Holidays – Starting at 30 days (inc public hols) increases by 1 day after 6 years
- Sick pay – 3 weeks in first year after 3 months, increasing to 4 weeks after 1 year.