Posted: 13th October 2015
Salary: £12.13 p/h + Overtime
Location: Mannings Heath Rd
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Mploy are currently recruiting for the following position:
UPHOLSTERY MANUFACTURING CELL
(TECHNOLOGY CENTRE in Tower Park Poole)
Key member of the upholstery team who manufacture’s upholstery products & services internal & external customer needs.
Perform to Quality, Cost, Delivery & Safety standards.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Safety – maintain Health, Safety and Security of self and others
- Quality – right 1st time, to specifications & standards
- Cost – within cost budget
- Output – pace / productivity
- Delivery – on time, in full & to quality
Role, including skills & attributes:
- Health & Safety – Complying to the company health and safety policies & procedures at all times.
- Health & Safety – Being a key member of the Upholstery team helping to maintain & develop a safe site & local manufacturing cell.
- Policy & Procedure – Complying with the company Handbooks policy & procedures at all times.
- Planning – Supporting & working to production planning requirements.
- Productivity – Self-managing productivity (time & material use) & quality assurance (dwg’s & visual stnd’s).
- Team Work – Ability to work independently & as part of a team. Support working with other departments to increase overall efficiency including; design / development, production engineering, supply chain (planning, procurement & matl management), quality and sales. Must be flexible & conscientious.
- Team work – Self-motivated encouraging & supporting teamwork to meet performance requirements.
- Quality – Ensuring highest levels of quality are maintained following with the company build, IPC (internal production control), specifications, drawings, site / local process & procedures.
- Quality – Expected to build high quality internal & external upholstery – Standard & bespoke.
- Materials – Efficient use of matl’s (yields), time, equipment and materials, including consumables to meet production targets. Able to work with all types of materials i.e. leather, vinyl, fabric, foam, wood & foamalux.
- Materials – Signing off raw material deliveries from stores, identifying & rejecting non-conforming matl’s.
- Materials – Supporting stock takes & inventory audits.
- Equipment – Maintain safe use of production equipment and ensure good housekeeping / wpo (work place organisation) is adhered to in all areas.
- Continuous Improvement – Looking for and supporting improvements on a daily basis using CIP/CTQ process. Participate in CIP Projects where appropriate.
- Environment – Working to waste / recycling processes.
- Waste reduction – Continuously looking for ways to reduce waste with particular attention to material, labour and processes.
- Communication / administration – Supporting management with performance information and reports showing improvement targets and achievements. Ability to communicate both orally & written.
- Conduct – Representing Sunseeker at all times in a professional manner to suppliers, customers and third parties and at such times being responsible for protecting the Company’s interests.
- Competence – competent in templating, cutting fabrics & foams, chasing, gluing & foam construction, stapling, fitting & dressing finished items. Ability to use power tools such as foam saws, drills, heat guns, steamers, etc.….
- Flexibility – must be able to work at all sites as required to meet production needs. Full driving licence.
- Technical – must understand technical plans & drawings for application. Aid red line drawing process.
- Skills – conform to best practices & support competence, skill & flexibility matrix.
- Communications – Liaise confidently with management and other departments.
- Previous experience of marine or furniture manufacturing.
- Competence in reading & understanding technical dwg / sketches.
- Basic IT to support MRP/SAP systems.
- Numeracy & literacy
Other Duties: assist with improvement projects or temporary secondments as per business needs. In addition, the Job Holder should be prepared to carry out any other reasonable duties requested.
Travel: The Jobholder may be expected to travel to other locations / sites of Sunseeker International Limited.
Equality and Diversity: The jobholder is required to abide by the Company’s policies and procedures and to actively support the Company’s commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All staff and visitors must be treated equitably with dignity and respect, taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
- Have own tools
- Able to read scaled drawings
- Able to work with high value wood products
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Benefits to include.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business