Posted: 11th November 2022
Salary: £11.88 per hour
Pay rate: £11.88 per hour
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Must have a full UK driving license
Our client is looking for a maintenance assistant to join their team in the Poole area on a temp – perm basis. You will be working alongside the facilities manager and will complete day-to-day duties around the school. You will be required to have an enhanced DBS certificate and basic electric, plumbing, and vehicle maintenance skills.
- Inspecting the building, grounds, and equipment.
- Handles necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Installs equipment and appliances.
- Follows local and state building codes.
- Keeps a maintenance log and writes shift reports.
- Reports any issues to the maintenance manager.
- Responds to repair and maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Follows written and verbal instructions from the maintenance manager
- Collaborates with the maintenance team and contractors as needed.
- Uses equipment, including power tools, hand tools, electric tools, and plumbing tools.
- You will be required to inspect all vehicles onsite
- Inspecting vehicles and diagnosing any required work
- Discussing required repairs with customers
- Repairing or replacing components as required
- Road testing vehicles to test repair work
- Fitting and servicing vehicle accessories, including immobilisers, alarms and stereos
- Performing service and vehicle maintenance tasks, such as changing oil and air filters, as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Good level of skills for plumbing, vehicle maintenance
For more information or to apply please contact Lauren in our Mploy Poole office on 01202 668360 / firstname.lastname@example.org