Posted: 4th June 2021
Reference: BMTH - LMAN
Working Hours: 40 Hour Week
Reporting to the Site Director, you will responsible for implementation and maintenance of the operating system at site level, including the building of organisational capability and personnel development.
- Coach, train, and mentor site leadership to use lean management methodologies to implement and sustain the leadership operating system for the site and drive exceptional business results.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and influencing capability, and problem-solving skills, while promoting development of these skills in others throughout the site organisation.
- Initially facilitate key problem solving and kaizen events while developing the capability within leaders and others in key positions, with the intention for them to do the same.
- Help establish and monitor system implementation and site performance metrics with all areas and functional leaders; facilitate leverage of system tools for action planning, problem solving, and countermeasure development.
- Derive appropriate goals and objectives for the site and functions of the site from the business and operations matrix.
- Organise and build the site system implementation plan and site committee activities.
- Hold the site committee respectfully accountable to fulfil their learning objectives and implementation actions described in the system implementation and system site committee guidebooks.
- Ensure the site committee and other designees fulfill the leadership learning model from the system implementation guidebook, including their own learning and the deployment of specified modules to the factory floor process level.
- Be an example for and promote key leadership facets of internal systems, including leadership behaviours, leadership standard work, coaching, problem solving, and safety.
- Be an active, visible presence on the factory floor and within the supporting functions to pull engagement and participation from support and direct personnel for the daily system actions and behaviours.
- Hold leaders accountable for holding their own teams and support personnel accountable to ensure timely completion of daily execution and system implementation tasks. Ensure proper escalation of daily items requiring help from the next organisational level and/or stalled site implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations or other related field preferred.
- 4+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of lean thought processes, tools, and techniques, including kaizen, 5S, and standard work.
- Lean Certification or Six Sigma Green Belt is advantageous.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of change management and company business production, materials, order processes, and systems.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid career history with emphasis on progression.