Posted: 15th January 2018
Salary: Salary on Application
Our Client is seeking an IT Hardware Technician to provide first and second level support through taking calls and handling incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes. You will support computer users in all aspects of IT use and provide a standardised, professional and efficient IT service.
- Required to deliver and install equipment to any location within the UK and to test such installations.
- Ensure all incidents and Service Requests are successfully and accurately identified, categorised, prioritised, diagnosed and managed in the Service Desk IT Service Management Tool.
- To carry out qualitative checks on the Incident Management process and provide excellent and clear communication of Incidents.
- Configure / Install network and PC software for new members of staff, staff movements, network printer administration and other repetitive activities as well as administration required for staff departures.
- Ensuring incidents and service requests are resolved or updated within the SLA’s.
- Responsible for keeping senior team members informed of unresolved issues or problems.
- Managing workload demands to tight deadlines.
- Interfacing with 3rd party vendors when necessary.
- Troubleshooting Start-up issues, Hardware Device, Device Driver, and Performance Issues.
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues.
- Troubleshooting enterprise network connectivity issues. e.g. determining scope of issue; determining whether it’s a PC, server or a network connectivity issue; TCP/IP; hardware and cabling; proxies; default gateway.
- Logging and managing incidents and service requests raised by telephone, email and the customer self-service portal. Capturing all details in the Service Desk tool set
- May be involved in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake such other duties as may be delegated by the Head of IT Service Desk or others in direct line management.
You will have:
- 3+ years of extensive experience providing IT support in a similar role.
- Experience supporting laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
- Experience with Windows Server Operating systems.
- Account administration in Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Office365.
- Must be practised in PC and printer set-up & maintenance.
- WAN/LAN experience.
- Familiarity with data restores.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge on antivirus solutions.
- Knowledge of remote access tools.
Salary on Application