Posted: 4th September 2019
Mploy is currently recruiting on behalf of an international Food Manufacturing company based in Andover.
We are keen to speak to candidates who have experience in leading Hygiene teams within Food Production businesses. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience in Team management and will have excellent communication skills.
Key duties include:
- Operating and follow the company’s health and safety procedures, both in the use of chemicals and when dismantling / reassembling equipment.
- Ensure that hygiene operatives working in the area are following the correct procedures so that all microbiological, physical, chemical and allergen contamination is removed from area or equipment which has been cleaned.
- Supervise the hygiene associates and conduct audit to ensure the correct methods are carry out for hygiene tasks and the required hygiene standards are metor exceeded.
- Develop and improve the sites daily/weekly and monthly hygiene schedules and Inspect the finished standards of equipment on completion.
- Develop systems and procedures for all hygiene team activities – Cleaning instructions, etc.
- Conduct audits pre and post cleaning to ensure the correct standards are achieved using the following method; visual, ATP and allergen swabs.
- Ensure the completion of required paperwork to ensure compliance with customer codes of practice and due diligent support for the company.
- Manage the hygiene and staff schedule effectively and ensure adequate resource are available and cleaning tasks are are carry out to the correct frequency..
- Ensure issues are reported to engineering department and your line manager immediately to ensure that there is no downtime during production.
- Develop and delivery hygiene training, and ensuring that you staff are trained to the correct levels within the standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all hygiene stock is adequately maintained and the correctly replenishment and control of the hygiene consumables budget
- Manage and allocate the changing room lockers to associates.
- Work with Pest Management contractors on pest concerns.
Key skills required:
- Good numeracy level
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Food safety level 2 or HACCP (Desirable)
- Basic Food Hygiene and COSHH (Desirable)
This is a permanent position predominantly working 9 am – 5 pm. However on occasion our client will require flexibility to drop onto the different shifts as and when required.
If you would like any additional information, please contact Mploy Andover.