Posted: 4th June 2019
Salary: Up to £18813 per annum
Reference: HCADerm 3
Job Title: Health Care Assistant – Dermatology Clinic (Band 3)
Location: Various locations across Dorset and West Hampshire (Predominately in Dorset)
Salary: 18,813 pro rata
Contract Type: Part Time, 24 hrs pw
Mploy Healthcare are recruiting alongside About Health to find the suitable candidate for their latest vacancy. About Health provides high quality community-based health services under contract to the NHS and is part of the Totally PLC group of companies.
About Health are currently seeking a Health Care Assistant to work in the Dorset Dermatology Clinics assisting in Minor Ops Procedure Clinics.
The role working within the Dermatology Clinic will include:
– Provide chaperoning duties to dermatology consultation clinics
– Assist in Minor procedure clinics
– Obtain consent form individuals before starting the tasks/activities
– Assisting patients during Moving & Handling
– Assisting patients to mobilise and or achieve physical comfort
– Supply and maintain equipment sand supplies
– Received, transmit, store and retrieve information
– Contribute to effectiveness of working in a team
– Act as a designated person as per the About Health Medicines Management Policy
– Assist in the collection o f patient reported data such as satisfaction surveys or outcome measures
– Record information related to designated tasks accurately and pass it on to the relevant person in the team on time
– Identify and reports any significant changes that might affect the individualise health and wellbeing to the appropriate person
– Undertaking routine tasks related to individual’s health & wellbeing
– Assisting in the delivery of care to meet individual’s health and wellbeing needs
– Establish and maintain communication with people on routine care matters
– Contribute to own personal development including competency to undertake the role of an HCA
– Assist in maintaining own and others health and safety and security.
– Assist in maintaining and developing services
– Ensure own actions help to maintain quality
– Ensure own actions support equality, diversity and right
– Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
The Right Candidate:
– Must have previous experience working in an outpatient/ GP Setting/ Healthcare Setting.
– Must be a driver and have access to own car
– The ability to work in teams and with supervision
– Have basic awareness of health, safety and hygiene
– Good communication skills
– Have an understanding of what a caring role entail
– Be able to organise own day to day work tasks or activities under the delegation of clinical manager observing personal duty of care.
– Ability to work independently
– Have a passion for customers
– Customer facing experience (desirable)
– NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care (desirable)
Full training will be provided to the right candidate. To apply for the role please send your CV and we will contact you and answer any questions you may have regarding the role.
We look forward to hearing back from you.