Posted: 15th January 2018
Salary: Salary on Application
Our highly regarded client is seeking a Head Of IT Service Desk. You will be responsible for ensuring staff are meeting and exceeding expectations on performance, defined metrics, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service that meet business need and departmental objectives.
- Manage the service desk and hardware provision to deliver effective, efficient and agile ways of working within and across teams to established, standardised working practices.
- Maintain a high performing service and support function, reporting data, KPI’s and trends weekly, monthly and ad hoc.
- Own the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when and where required.
- To contribute to the knowledge base of the department to ensure sufficient access to pertinent technical data and set up is available to support resolution of incidents and requests as well as to ensure appropriate skills and knowledge transfer amongst teams.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the configuration of the Service Management tool, ensuring it meets the needs of the organisation in recording service desk activity, request fulfilment, inventory and performance measurement.
- Using industry best practice to manage the on-boarding, acceptance and integration of new services as they move from project to operational support.
- Escalation through the management structure for situations that may require additional support or escalation.
- Oversee the IT portal and solutions repository to ensure quality solutions are available and relevant, with a focus on improving self-service capability and adoption.
- Contributor to the creation, implementation and monitoring of Departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Support the delivery of process training and knowledge verification to ensure Service Desk staff can support users knowledgeably and in a standardised manner.
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the department’s objectives.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the department.
You will have:
- A minimum of five years’ computer support and service delivery experience.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident
- management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Good knowledge of IT hardware and software solutions.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- A passion for Service Improvement.
- Experience of managing services across Virtualisation, storage, backup technologies and end
- user computing.
- Solid technical background and understanding of networking and core technologies; VMware,
- Azure; Office 365; Citrix, Servicenow & VOIP telephony.
Salary on Application + Benefits