Posted: 11th July 2019
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum
Mploy Digital & Marketing are seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our client in Poole. You will be working with an establish SME business with an international customer base. Due to the recent growth of the company You will be a key member of the engineering team and will lead the next generation of connected industrial and marine products, working closely with our software engineers, to achieve embedded hardware designs to run and support the graphical and auxiliary requirements of our clients.
- Develop and design hardware solutions to meet the required specification.
- Create schematic designs and PCB layout for complex SoC based systems.
- Design optimisation for performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Conform and maintain company’s engineering design rules, development guidelines and the product development process.
- Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design specifications and other supporting documentation.
- Play an active role in projects, team meetings etc. Liaise with other cross functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and encourage their involvement and participation.
- Develop test plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Participate and where necessary lead design reviews, communicate ideas and solutions, influence decisions and problem solving.
- Test, validate and document design solutions ensuring they are robust and reliable by using relevant tools and techniques and evaluate outcomes and act as required.
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical files as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Have a detailed and thorough understanding of our own products, and proactively seek to learn about competitors’ products.
- Provide technical support to other areas of the business when required.
- Design and develop new products and product improvements, balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal with product usability, cost effectiveness, ease of manufacture, installation and maintainability.
- Assist the commercial team in creating quotations for potential new projects.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking recent examples of the below points:
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in electronic hardware and / or system design.
- Degree educated in electronic design (or related) or long track record in related field.
- Demonstrable experience of developing embedded single board computers, ideally with NXP i.MX family processors.
- Experience with smaller microcontroller systems based systems ideally using STM32 or similar devices.
- Experience of EMC emission control techniques
- Experience in circuit design using Altium Designer
- Experience of board bring up with ability to debug new and existing hardware to component level and resolve problems.
- Digital and Analogue design experience to support sensor integration.
- ‘Self-starter’ capable of working with minimal guidance and solving problems using available resources.
- Ability to understand software and hardware integration requirements.
- Capable of producing well thought out, maintainable and readable schematic designs.
- Experience in designing for EMC compliance.
- Ability to review hardware designs and provide constructive feedback across a global team.
- Ability to work closely with embedded software team.
- Confident in the use of oscilloscopes and test equipment
- Experience of CAN bus protocol.
- Experience in working within an ISO9001 environment.
- Some experience of radio data communication and associated approval processes.
- Knowledge of working to functional electrical standards concepts (IEC 60495, 61508 / ISO 26262 etc).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electronic Design Engineer to lead from the front in the creation of the new role, providing the foundation for future and sustained growth in hardware design and display capabilities.
Based in Poole Salary between 35K – 45K depending on experience with other benefits on offer.
Please call Ross @ Mploy Digital for more information or Apply now for immediate consideration.