Posted: 20th December 2017
Salary: £30000 - £33500 per annum
Location: DT5 1RA
Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Sunseeker Laminators work in close-knit teams to produce hulls, decks and super structures for boats sizes of 48 to 155 feet. Typical tasks include: Reading technical specifications for mat, resin and gel types. Preparing moulds (cleaning, repairing and usage of release agents), Assessing environmental conditions, Selecting, measuring, mixing and applying gel coat by hand. Applying skin coats, core and secondary bonding by hand, and also, the occasional use of resin spray guns. Trimming GRP and the inspection of own GRP components for quality forms part of the role, as does housekeeping and maintenance of working areas. This is a team based labour intensive position.
- Able to work in restricted spaces and on the water if required
- Experience within the composites industry, specifically glass fibre wet layup with polyester gel and resins
- Able to attend and pass a two hour Laminating trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read technical information relating to laminating
- Able to work with polyester resins
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Benefits to include.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business