Posted: 2nd December 2019
Salary: £10.64 - £12.68 per hour + pension, park overtime, and parking
Mploy Staffing Solutions are working in partnership with our prestigious client Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
Job Title: GRP Finisher
Hourly pay range: 10.64 to 12.68 per hour (Basic rate)
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 15:30pm
We are now recruiting skilled GRP Finishers to join the Sunseeker family. Playing a pivotal role in the production of the worlds finest luxury motor yachts, you will be a Finisher or Laminator from the Marine or Composites industry.
Working in small teams you will work to finish and occasionally repair hulls, decks, super structures and other small GRP components, such as flybridges, seating, steps and bars for boat sizes from 48′ to 155′.
Typical tasks include:
- Reading technical information and specifications for glass mat, resin and gel types
- Assessing environmental conditions
- Selecting, measuring, mixing and applying gel coat by hand
- Finishing gel coat by hand using a variety of tools including; wet/dry paper, finishing compounds, orbital sanders, long boards and blocks
- Trimming GRP with air driven Cengar saws
- Working at height and often near the water
- Undertaking quality inspections of own work
- Minor repairs to mould tools using wet lay up techniques
To be considered you will have:
- Experience in the car/automotive body shop/panel repairing
- Experience filling and fairing with rotary buffers
- Willingness and ability to work at height and near the water