Posted: 20th September 2022
Salary: £20000 - £26000 per annum
Are you a multi skilled Gardener or Grounds Person looking for your next opportunity? Fancy a career change to working outdoors but don’t know where to start? Want to work in a role where your work is highly valued in a breath-taking environment just outside of Poole? Yes? Brilliant! We want to hear from you.
MPLOY is looking to source a full time and permanent Grounds Maintenance Operative for an established Client in Poole, Dorset. Why should you be interested? Our Client is offering:
- A salary of £20,000 to £26,000 per annum dependant on your experience.
- A family friendly working pattern (Monday to Friday) with only 1 Saturday working every 6 weeks.
- 28 days of annual leave.
- A generous company workplace pension.
- Varied work within a supportive environment.
- A commutable location with free parking.
In return for these excellent benefits our Client is looking for a candidate who:
- will assist in maintaining and developing our Client’s incredible estate. You’ll like a challenge as our Client has a 70 acre site with a mixture of wood and meadow environments. You’ll also love working outdoors and may already have some previous grounds, horticulture or estate management experience.
- doesn’t mind getting dirty and working in all weathers. As part of your duties, you can regularly expect to prepare and dig graves to the highest possible standard. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and possess an appreciation that your work is the final opportunity to deliver a fitting tribute/celebration of a deceased person’s life.
- likes diverse work. You can also expect to cut grass and hedges; clear leaves; maintain pathways; manage shrubs and trees whilst ensuring a faultless site. You’ll be well experienced in using powered tools within a landscape environment.
- could already have accredited excavator training with CPCS or Lantra. Further qualifications in the safe use/maintenance of mowers, chainsaws, brushcutters, trimmers, leaf blowers and woodchippers are also highly desirable. Don’t have qualifications? Not to worry as our Client is completely onboard with providing full training if needed – this could be the perfect opportunity if you are looking to change career direction.
- values working safely. You’ll have a working knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and know how to work within a Risk Assement/Work Method Statement. You may already have some experience in reporting near misses and recording accidents.
- is a team player. You can expect to work as part of a small team of six whilst reporting to the Site Manager.
- has excellent time management skills and works with integrity. You can expect to play an integral role in the undertaking of new projects within the burial grounds.
- is flexible. Alongside your normal duties you will also be expected to assist, as required, in ensuring a smooth site operation.
- has a full UK driving licence.
Still sound like you? Why not apply! We look forward to your application and for more details call us on 01305 213883.