Posted: 2nd October 2021
Salary: Up to £40000 per annum
We are pleased to be working with a local growing company that are seeking an Import Freight Forwarding Manager to join them. You will oversee the day to day of all Import Freight forwarding & E-commerce activity.
You will have responsibility for the monthly invoicing, freight rate negotiations, Customs compliance and line management of four freight Forwarding operatives.
You are required to grow strong relationships with key stakeholders to the business, internal and external.
- Line management of import freight forwarding team including objective setting, development and performance monitoring.
- Manage freight rates and ensure any updates are provided to our clients in a timely manner.
- Make bookings with our shipping agents for Import and Export shipments, liaising between our Clients and agents / freight providers as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of customs entries.
- Update shipping files
- Provide Clients with notification of shipment arrivals requesting relevant documentation in advance of the vessel arrival date.
- Raise Shipping, Duty & VAT invoices through Net Freight ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and before month end.
- Maintaining the financial summary and working closely with finance team to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain, review and renew Customs authorisations and guarantees when necessary and ensure all documentation is up to date and accurate – HMRC Fulfilment House Due Diligence Scheme.
- Keep up to date with latest customs news and work with Operations Director and Brokerage department manager on such requirements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be agreed from time to time.
- Build and maintain key relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of multimodal Import and export.
- Good knowledge of Customs requirements.
- Ideally previous use of FCL software and ability to assist and implement a system change.
- Possesses excellent IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Previous E-commerce experience from a freight forwarding perspective, or working directly with or for a E-commerce platform.
Based in Southampton, salary circa 40K DOE.
Apply now for immediate consideration