Posted: 15th January 2020
Salary: Up to £12 per hour
We are looking for a skilled Electro / Mechanical Assembler to assemble parts into more complex assemblies. You will ensure all parts fit correctly and are suitable for the final product. You will use your hands or machines to do the job with greater precision.
You must have good technical knowledge as well as ability to read instructions represented in drawings, schematics etc. Following them with precision is extremely important.
The goal is to produce complex outputs by putting together smaller assemblies.
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
- Collect all material and equipment needed to begin the process
- Take precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure highest quality
- Maintain equipment in good condition
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective part
- Proven experience as an Electro / Mechanical assembler
- Technical knowledge and ability to read schematics, drawings etc.
- Ability in using hand tools and power tools (pillar drill, battery drill. grinder)
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and physical condition due to some heavy lifting being required within HSE limits.
- High school diploma; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated
Working hours 8.30am -17.30 Monday – Thursday and 8.30-13.00 on Friday.
Salary 25k with further career opportunities.
Please apply with current CV or call Mploy Christchurch for more details.