Posted: 24th May 2023
Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Our Ringwood based client is a market leader in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning, and they have an opening for an experienced Design Applications Engineer to join their busy contracting department.
The main requirements of the role are as follows:
- Surveys / client liaison and creating customer scope of works.
- Development of projects alongside internal and external stakeholders such as consultants, architects, and main contractors. Attend design team meetings, and other team meetings (where required) for example cost, programming meetings.
- Design, selection of equipment for example pipework design, plant design, cold room calcs, engineering schedules.
- Quoting /competitive tendering, valuations, application of payments, final accounts and cost variations.
- Procurement of capital equipment.
- H&S documentation including RAMS, COSHH, design risk assessment, PE(S)R & PSSR, O&M.
- Back costing analysis, often in conjunction with our accounts department.
- Project financial reports / back costing analysis.
- Working with a number of customers at any one time. This requires the person to maintain a high level of understanding regarding their individual specifications and requirements.
Applicants will ideally have experience in a customer-facing role, providing technical support and guidance to both field base and office-based staff. Good knowledge of HFC, HC and CO2 refrigeration is essential for this role, and experience with AC and Building Services is desirable.
Applicants must also be able to evidence strong experience of project delivery within commercial refrigeration and technical knowledge of refrigeration systems.
The job holder will be based remotely but expected to attend Ringwood offices and various sites across the south of the UK on a regular basis as needed. We can consider applications from post grad or experienced.
This is a permanent position with an immediate start available for the right candidate, full-time hours Monday – Friday 08:30 am till 17.30 pm (some flexibility may be required).
25 Days Holiday per Year + bank hols. Starting salary of £45k – £50k dependent on experience.
For more information, please contact Mploy Christchurch on 01202 478278. Alternatively e-mail your CV to email@example.com