Posted: 16th September 2022
Salary: £26000 - £35000 per annum
Mploy in Poole are recruiting skilled Deck Fitters to join their prestigious client, Sunseeker International, who are one of the most well-known luxury yacht manufacturers in the world.
As a Deck/Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for making incisions into GRP hulls, fitting various external features such as chrome cleats, and assisting with a small degree of carpentry where requested. You will work across various boat lines of our extensive product range, completing work such as:
- Working to fit components to the exterior of motor yachts
- Cutting and trimming of GRP, drilling and tapping to secure components, drilling into a variety of materials – such as plywood, GRP and stainless steel
- Selecting, mixing and applying various types of bonding agents and sealants, including cosmetic mastics/silicones and underwater sealants
- Installing exterior hinges and marine components plus the occasional use of Gel Coat and applying finishing fairing compounds. Experience with engraving tools would be an advantage
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to read and understand scaled drawings
- Have the ability to work to tight tolerances with high value lacquered veneers and solid wood products
- Have a coachable and positive attitude, with a desire to pursue perfection
- Thrive to achieve high standards of work, and a desire for perfection
What you’ll get in return:
Alongside the opportunity to work closely with some remarkable products and your work being admired across the world, Sunseeker also offers a comprehensive employee benefits package.
- A highly competitive pay structure
- Efficiency bonus
- A generous company pension scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme with financial rewards
- Annual leave increases with continued service
- Health Assured EAP
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Death in service scheme
- A covid-safe working environment
- Christmas Savings Club – financial support scheme
- Employee discounts with a wide range of third-party businesses (up to 30% off)
Additional benefits after 4 years of service.
- Location: Poole
- Employment type: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £35,000/annum
- Working hours: 07:00 – 15:30 Mondays to Fridays
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mploy in Poole and speak to one of our consultants.