Posted: 4th October 2017
Salary: £28K - £33K + Overtime and Benefits
Sunseeker International, a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Working to fit components to the exterior of motor yachts, Deck Fitting tasks include the; Cutting and trimming of GRP, Drilling and tapping to secure components, Drilling into a variety of materials – such as ply wood, GRP and stainless steel. Selecting, mixing and applying various types of bonding agents and sealants, including cosmetic mastics/silicones and underwater sealants. Installing exterior hinges and marine components plus, the occasional use of Gel Coat and applying and finishing fairing compounds. Experience with engraving tools would be an advantage.
- Able to work in restricted spaces, outdoors and, on the water if required
- Have own tools.
- Able to attend and pass a one hour Deck Fitting trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read scaled drawings
- Engineering skill set, including the ability to drill and tap
- Experience of working with GRP an advantage
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Sunseeker offers a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
- 4% non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business