Posted: 5th March 2018
Salary: Pension, Overtime
Working to fit components to the exterior of motor yachts, Deck Fitting tasks include the; Cutting and trimming of GRP, Drilling and tapping to secure components, Drilling into a variety of materials – such as ply wood, GRP and stainless steel. Selecting, mixing and applying various types of bonding agents and sealants, including cosmetic mastics/silicones and underwater sealants. Installing exterior hinges and marine components plus, the occasional use of Gel Coat and applying and finishing fairing compounds. Experience with engraving tools would be an advantage.
- Able to work in restricted spaces, outdoors and, on the water if required
- Have own tools.
- Able to attend and pass a one hour Deck Fitting trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read scaled drawings
- Engineering skill set, including the ability to drill and tap
- Experience of working with GRP an advantage
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Sunseeker offers a permanent position, which includes the following benefits.
- 4% non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (18001 accredited)
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business