Posted: 2nd May 2018
Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum
Our client based in Marchwood has an immediate requirement for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to join their very busy manufacturing team.
The main duties will include the following:
- Inspection, installation and testing of on-board systems
- Rigging and sail setup and pre-delivery checks
- Checking for cosmetic snags or discrepancies
- Reporting back to the Commissioning & Aftersales Manager
- Working with the new owner on any modifications post-handover
- Communicate all changes to the build teams and the business in the form of ATO, s, in a timely fashion, identifying potential impact to build and schedule.
- Able to identify, and Manage risks associated with the build, time lines, customer extra requirements might have an impact on the agreed time scales.
Other responsibilities will include occasional boat valeting and general maintenance, working alongside the brokerage team to assist with ad-hoc jobs, attending occasional boat shows and office events and occasional travel.
Applicants must have experience of working on sailing yachts up to 60ft, the confidence to handle vessels of this size is vital, along with an eye for detail, excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You must also be extremely organised and able to document and file documents in order to maintain clarity on all projects.
This is a permanent position with an immediate start available, standard working hours will be full time Monday to Friday, hours to be agreed. The salary will be commensurate with experience but between 28k and – 30k per annum.