Posted: 5th October 2018
Salary: £7.83 - £8.50 per hour
Reference: Commis Chef
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Commis Chef to join a small team of our clients based in Bournemouth on a part time basis.
You will be required to assist in creating wonderful dishes inspired by Italian cuisine. We are looking for a passionate staff who have a love for food and are looking to build their careers in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate will work well in a close-knit team and be a pro-active individual that is willing to learn and develop their current skills, as well as being dedicated to preparing a high standard of food.
The job role includes:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation,
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies.
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to follow instruction
- Relevant training and culinary qualifications
This is permanent part time position for the right candidate. You will be required to work four evening, usually Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Hours to be confirmed.
In return we offer great salary and an opportunity to develop in your chef role. If you are interested please send your CV across or speak to Anna at Mploy in Bournemouth.
We will then contact you to discuss your needs and expectations discerning what types of work and roles personally suit you best. We are an equal opportunities employer and have a genuine care and enjoyment for placing our candidates and employees in happy working environments.
Mploy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to our vacancies. To comply with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the U.K. Full right to work documentation and evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.