Posted: 14th August 2019
Do you have a strong customer service background? Do you have experience within the insurance or drainage sector? Do you love working with people?
At M Ploy we are recruiting for a Claims handler on behalf of our client based in Culmhead. You will be working for the UK’s leading provider for property claims.
This role primarily exists to carry out necessary tasks within the Drainage and Water Services division of the business to ensure that agreed client targets are met. You will manage a caseload of claims from cradle to grave, delivering excellent customer service to our customers and clients, as well as ensuring agreed client and company philosophies are maintained at all time.
- To manage a caseload of claims in accordance with client and company philosophies.
- Correct interpretation of FNOL instructions to determine the correct method of proceeding and which of the specialist PCD network to deploy.
- Technical review of survey reports – this includes interpreting policy cover, assessing appropriate repair methods and scrutinising scope/costs.
- Creation and delivery of technical client Reports throughout the lifecycle of the claims.
- Setting and maintaining financial reserves.
- Logging and maintaining complaints in accordance with client requirements.
- Awareness and handling of claims with fraud indicators.
- Maintaining contact with customer, clients and contractors throughout the claim.
- Ensuring comprehensive notes are recorded on all files.
- Promote the company’s core values at all times to ensure that fellow staff around them live and breathe it.
- Striving to receive a compliment on every claim and ensuring they are logged accurately.
- To ensure that they keep up to date with the relevant legislation.
Experience within insurance or specifically a drainage background would be advantageous however not essential.
- Experience in an environment requiring excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of autonomy.
- Complaint handling skills
- Ability to be an active member of a collaborative team and be creative in your approach
- Build strong working relationships with customers, clients and suppliers across the business
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Positive and engaging attitude
- Ability to remain focused and calm during busy periods
- Confident in both written and oral communication
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with data and customer information
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be an advocate and role model for Claims Consortium Group in line with our culture and values.
Working Conditions: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm and flexible in line with business needs. The majority of your hours will be worked during core business hours.
If you feel you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with your up to date CV and a covering letter with your relevant experience.