Posted: 11th June 2019
Salary: £9 - £11 per hour
Reference: Bar Manager
We are searching for a committed, proactive Bar Manager who would enjoy work in an exciting, fast-paced environment in Bridport.
The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that residence of holiday park receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
In order to succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between holiday park guests or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for staff and clients.
Bar Manager Requirements:
- Restaurant or bar management experience
- Excellent problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
In return my client offers permanent position with great rates of pay depending on skills and experience.
To apply for this role or find out more details please send your application through the reply button or speak to Anna at Mploy in Bournemouth. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate’s details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.