Posted: 5th February 2019
Our client a global retail lifestyle brand is seeking an Assistant Merchandiser to join them. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established brand. As Assistant Merchandiser you will support the Head of Retail on all aspects of the merchandising function. You will maximise the retail and e-commerce performance with effective product selection, analysis, distribution and stock management.
- Produce analysis to develop a store by store strategy to cover product categories, densities and delivery phasing for each store to maximize trading performance
- Provide feedback into the design and production process to ensure that range planning and development meets the requirement of the retail stores
- Ensure optimal stock levels to maximize sales whilst minimizing mark-down and terminal stock risk
- Produce category and product sales analysis to build seasonal range plans for store and e-commerce seasonal buys
- Ensure terminal stocks are accurately forecasted – liaise with the Head of Retail to agree appropriate mark-down and promotional activity to minimize surplus stock but maximize profits
- Highlight any retail specific product development opportunities
- Liaise with the distribution management team on a regular basis to continually improve the level of performance to stores whilst minimizing costs
- Manage the store allocation process ensuring an efficient distribution of stock across the store base maximizing availability at SKU level
- Active participation in key retail meetings and be an integral member of the retail team
- Provide input into annual budgets and regular forecast updates to cover sales and margin by store
- Conduct regular visits to stores to understand the consumer and product performances
- Develop strong two-way communication with Store Managers, ensuring that feedback is openly and regularly discussed to drive retail trading performance
- Highlight any production and supply difficulties and dealing with them as and when they occur
- Produce ad-hoc sales analysis when required by the Head of Retail.
Based in Poole, salary on application
For more information please call Ross @ Mploy Digital or Apply now!