Posted: 6th November 2019
Are you Sales focused? Highly organised with efficient time management? We are seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to join a group of builder’s merchants based in Southampton. You will demonstrate leadership skill; delegation, leading by example. Experience within the building industry would be preferred however this is not essential if you have previous experience at a similar level.
- Deputising for the Branch Manager
- Ensuring high standards of Customer Service are met throughout the branch operation
- Support margin improvement and ensure costs are challenged and controlled to maximise profitability
- Ownership of branch operations (Health and safety and vehicle management)
- Assisting with merchandising, stock control & stock ordering
- Key holder responsibilities
- Helping in all areas of the branch operation as necessary
- Support efficient running of the telephone sales office:
- Help create a proactive and sales orientated culture
- Oversee effective support to the external sales representative
- Supervising the raising of quotes, orders and the sourcing of non-standard products and price negotiation
- Contribute to answering phones in the sales office – responding to a wide range of queries from customers (both trade and retail)
This role is offered on a permanent basis working hours Monday to Friday 7.30am – 5pm. Flexibility will be required with start/ finish times to cover opening hours) plus Saturday morning on a rota basis.