Posted: 7th September 2017
Salary: Salary on Application
Due to expansion, our global market leading client is now seeking a Recreation Sales Manager to join their team in Southampton. You will be reporting into the UK Sales Director and your role will be to develop and manage the recreation business within the outdoor & watch business in line with UK strategy. Ensure all departments are engaged, supported and motivated to maximize sales and profit potential in existing and new markets.
Duties to include:
- Develop and implement sales strategies using category intelligence to drive the UK business through current and potential channels.
- Develop strategy to utilise individual customer co-operative marketing budgets.
- Communicate sales strategy and promotional requirements to product marketing and marketing communications.
- Deliver on the below objectives:
- Accurate forecasting of financial performance by account
- Delivery against specified sales and profit targets
- Create, negotiate and implement collaborative and profitable joint business plans where required
- Primary relationship owner with appropriate contact
- Develop and implement customer promotional plans in line with UK strategy
- Negotiate trading terms
- Develop training and merchandising plans
- Regularly reporting on performance to senior team and wider business when necessary.
- Continually using competitor, commercial and category knowledge review performance and create strategies to maximise business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key senior contacts within current and potential channels including distributors and retailers.
- Support wider team with key negotiations on current and new business.
- Research and recommend opportunities for new products, marketing campaigns and other business opportunities to sales team.
- Work with internal departments to drive best practice and deliver on the key objectives.
- Attend appropriate trade and retail events
Knowledge / Experience:
- Sales & Marketing experience ideally but not exclusively from the consumer
electronics, sports and outdoor market.
- Team player and used to working in a dynamic and fast growing environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship building/maintain skills Requirements
- Full driving license
- Ability to travel on business domestically and internationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally recognised company which offers progression and excellent benefits.
Salary on Application + benefits
To apply or for more information contact Ross on 01202 478278 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also check our mobile APP and website for more details