Posted: 29th February 2016
Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum
Location: Poole BH15
Sunseeker International is a global manufacturer of luxury motor yachts based on the beautiful south coast of England. Ranging from 48 to 155 feet, all Sunseeker craft are built to an exacting standard of quality and refinement, which has elevated Sunseeker to be the leading designer and manufacturer of luxury motor yachts across the globe.
We are looking for talented individuals that share Sunseeker’s passion and desire to produce the finest quality motor yachts in the world. Therefore successful applicants must have the following attributes and skills.
- Experience of working to a high standard of finish
- A desire to work in pressurised, fast paced, construction environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to varied tasks
- Conscientious attitude to work
- Punctual and reliable
Sunseeker GRP Finishers work in close-knit teams to finish and repair hulls, decks super structures and, small moulds for boats sizes of 48 to 155 feet. Typical tasks include: Reading technical specifications for glass mat, resin and gel types. Assessing environmental conditions, Selecting, measuring, mixing and applying gel coat by hand. Finishing gel coat by hand and using a variety of tools including orbital sanders, long boards and blocks. Trimming GRP, working at height and the inspection of own GRP components for quality forms part of the role, as does housekeeping and maintenance of working areas.
- Able to work in restricted spaces and on the water if required
- Able to attend and pass a two hour Finishing trade test and interview in Poole, Dorset
- Able to read technical information relating to GRP
- Experience with the finishing of polyester gel coat
- Keen to work in a fast paced construction environment
Sunseeker have the following benefits.
- Non-contributory pension contributions
- 22 days annual leave increasing to 25 days after 4 years service
- Overtime when available
- Private health care insurance (after 4 years service)
- Private dental scheme (after 4 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Life cover
- Legal advice helpline
- Onsite canteen facilities
- Safe working environment (ISO 18001 accredited)
- Central working location to public transport
- Sports and social club
- Training and career progression with this global business